Skip to main content

CAS Project Blog #1

This CAS project is something that I've only recently been involved in, and which has more of a purpose than just within CAS. Last month, I got an internship, along with some fellow students with whom I am collaborating, at Rice University, specifically with a professor who has much experience in the business world in Houston as well as beyond. I have been researching to help him build a curriculum for a course that he has been teaching, specifically about the developments within the relatively new world of cryptocurrency and blockchain technologies, and how they impact the world. Although I had initially intended for a more computer science-focused internship rather than something like this which is more economics-based, I have discovered that this is still extremely interesting and has applications in computer science as well.

(Learning Outcome: #1, #2, #4, #6)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CAS Project Blog #2

I have been working on completing slides for my internship supervisor, which will be used in a presentation given to this class of MBA candidates at Rice. The research involved in creating these slides has been really cool and interesting, and has taught me a lot more about cryptocurrency and blockchain economics. An example of one of these slides is below:

CAS Blog: March 2020

Lately, I have been negotiating with the head of the middle school campus of my school in planning a service project for National Honor Society, where I'm planning to teach the middle schoolers of the campus computer programming, which I believe really connects with the nationwide and worldwide need of more leaders in STEM fields as computing becomes larger and larger every day. Besides the implementation of the Magic: The Gathering Club at school, I haven't really done much of service for the school in a while, so I'm really excited for this upcoming project. Additionally, ever since there was a relative void left when I decided to no longer do workouts with Blake, I've been lately getting outside more and doing walks around the neighborhood, which is really nice and allows me to appreciate the nice breeze, blue sky, and the world outside of strings and screens. (Learning Outcome: #1, #3, #6)

CAS Project Blog #4

Due to the water crisis that hit Houston yesterday, I was unable to find the Rice cryptocurrency course meeting on campus as most of the buildings had been closed, and as no prior announcement was sent to notify the interns. Despite this I spent some time walking around the Rice University campus and admiring the various sites there are to see. Additionally, upon arriving home and grabbing dinner I curled up and did some cryptocurrency/blockchain research myself to fill this gap, so fortunately all was not lost. (Learning Outcome: #1, #5)